Another week has flown by. I’m upset that I’ve only got less than 3 weeks left, it would be so much better if I could stay another month. Oh well, I guess I will have to continue the good work when I get home to New Zealand and plan another trip.
Reflections from this week:
– I’m getting stronger, this is more noticeable in my upper body but I’m sure my legs are getting much stronger too.
– The practice is still VERY basic, but my teacher has started to get me to do some cooler things this week. We are building it up slowly and I’m intrigued to find out where he is taking my practice.
– I’m not allowed to join the class for pranayama but do a short home practice twice a day. I was disappointed at first, but it’s quite nice doing my own thing so I’m more ok about it now.
– The side of my leg keeps swelling up. Not quite sure why, unfortunately I don’t have access to ice so am using copious amounts of tiger balm.
– I’m not resting enough, so am going to need to take it much easier next week. I’ll need another trip to the book shop I think.
– I think I’m eating too much fruit and need to ease back off the coffee. I’ve now got a kettle, so I can get into my herbal teas again which will be good.
All and all, things are going well. I’m loving being here and am meeting some lovely people. I’m looking forward to next weeks yoga, especially now I’m feeling like I’m starting to get my strength back.